Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dapple Grey Horse Painting - cool colors

Grey Dapple • 18" x 24" • oil on canvas

I painted this stunning grey simultaneously with another canvas in warmer colors. I finished this one quite a few months ago and put the warmer version aside. Everyone has been enjoying this painting and complementing it. Yesterday I went to my studio and put another layer on the warm version, today another. I am not looking at this painting or the photo, yet, they are similar. It will be interesting to compare the two paintings side by side. Tonight I pulled this one up and it was interesting to see the areas I've been struggling with without a reference photo.

Tomorrow I will be riding a 17 hand grey warmblood so he has been on my mind. My daughter looks great jumping on him. It will be my first lesson in about 7 years. I have been lifting weights, running and doing yoga to get ready. It will be quite a different feeling than galloping through the beautiful California hills bareback.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on the Michael Jackson/cupcake entry. I have enjoyed looking at your work. This horse painting is stunning. Good luck with the riding. I will be back visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie, thanks so much for your comments. Your horse painting is really good. Good shape, color. Looks as if you can just touch him. What fun you must have riding. Silvia

    ReplyDelete