Friday, September 4, 2009

Plein Aire Dock with Sea Lions and Buoy with Gulls


Painting from life is such a learning experience. I arrived at this Sausalito harbor ready to paint boats on a cold, foggy and windy morning. I was bundled up in my sweatshirt with my hood on. I had to find a place to sit where the wind would be blocked so I walked down a pier and set up on a dock behind some rocks. As I painted the gull flew away, the sun came out and the sea lions lifted their heads. I originally thought they were rocks. The fog rolled away and it was so hot that I had to peel off my jacket and ended up burning in my tank top. Kids hopped on the rocks looking for crabs, dogs played, people strolled by. Some tourists from Hong Kong came to talk to me and take photos. Then I had to pack up my things and head home. It was a great way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment