Sunday, October 4, 2009




















Spike • 4" x 4" x 2" • oil on canvas

Everyone loves a black and white kitty. I have one now, her name is Tasha. This portrait reminds me of a long hair cat we had named Spike. He bit through the computer wire of one of the very first apple computers. His tongue got fried and it hung out of his mouth from that day forward. He couldn't put his tongue in which really made him adorable. He also drooled all over and we had to have a second comforter and pillow on the bed he liked to lay in so we didn't have to lay in his drool at night.

I ran into my friend yesterday and she told me her 18 year old black and white cat passed away this week. It was a coincidence that I had just finished this painting.

Artist tip: I used no black in this painting only alizaren, red, yellow, blue and white. I put a lot of thought into using complimentary colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment