Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beautiful Red Pomegranate - San Francisco Golden Gate - Sausalito


August Pomegranate • 5" x 7" • oil on board (photo taken outside in daylight)

August Pomegranate • 5" x 7" • oil on board (photo taken inside night)

I am trying to find the best way to photograph my images myself.


Golden Gate Bride covered in fog - San Francisco Marina Blue

I saw this beautiful pomegranate in the market and wanted to paint it immediately. It seemed to have a little crown on top. I am getting used to sitting down and doing a daily, one session painting but need to find a the happy medium for quicker drying time. I paint with oil paints and walnut oil and think I need to add a touch more alkyd. These paintings are taking a lot of time but I think they will get faster as I do them daily.

Tuesday after walking our dogs in Larkspur my friend and I went to the MOMA art gallery in San Francisco and to a wonderful lunch on the water. Our table had a view of the foggy Golden Gate Bridge and the marina. I realized that although the fog was surrounding the bridge the sky was blue over the marina.

No comments:

Post a Comment