Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Little Wounded Sparrow

Bird Offering Woman a Flower • 5" x 7" • Pastel on Paper

I have been having a week of birds. I was preparing to put up my owl painting after a fun conversation with my family about our owl experiences, when I had a sparrow experience.

This morning while at the barn I found a baby sparrow on the ground between the arena and a well traveled horse path. It's wings could open, yet it couldn't fly. It was in conversation, chirping away with an older healthy bird on the edge of the barn. I picked it up and found its nest on the ground a few feet away under a tree. I decided to take it to our Wildcare where they save birds. I made new friends as we worked together to collect hay and a bucket to transport it. I decided to post my oil of a sparrow, but, found this pastel sketch I did for a large street painting I created at a festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment