Friday, August 21, 2009

Daily Painting Sparrows Nest


Sparrows Nest • 6" x 6" • oil on board

Here it is – my first daily painting! I actually painted it yesterday. This took me almost 6 hours. I painted this nest after finding an injured sparrow and its nest on the ground. I put four eggs in the nest which represents my family. Today I painted the sparrow; I will post it tomorrow.

I need to call Wildcare and see if the sparrow I tried to save made it. It really looked like it had a broken neck. There is a goat at a barn I used to ride at and it has a broken crooked neck. It lives with it twisted and doesn't know anything is wrong because it was born that way.

I didn't use black paint in either of these paintings and I like to let the primary colors show a little to give a sense of the fact that it is a painting and I mixed the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment