Sunday, January 3, 2010

December 2009 Drifts Away

December Sea and Sky • 12" x 6" • oil on board

As 2009 drifted away and 2010 washed ashore I was putting the finishing touches on these soft waves of the cool December sea.

A memory of a stroll along the shore. The sound of the waves calms my mind and the dancing sunlight warms my face on a cold December day. I could stare at this painting forever.

I often want to be where the ocean meets the sky. In a boat just floating. I'm observing the light of the sky, birds are flying by, kelp is floating in the sea and life surrounds me. Sea lions play, otters feed and the jellyfish float. The sun dances on the water and all is quiet except the occasional splash of a bird swooping down to snatch a fish from a playful, popping school of bait.

No comments:

Post a Comment