Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! 2010

New Year Symphony 2009-2010 • 16" x 20" • oil on canvas

Happy New Year! I am quite excited for 2010. In 2009 I started this blog and it inspired me to create a second studio in my home. My poor family, I have officially taken over the kitchen table and entire breakfast nook with my paints, easel, brushes, canvas' and my dogs. It allows me to work at all times without having to drive to my studio. I can also bring paintings back and forth and view them in different light and settings. I can follow my creative heart and paint in the middle of the night. I can add little details here and there as I see them in passing or I can leave paintings at my studio to dry.

I now have a studio and a horse in the same town. Both on the water and in old hangers. My studio is in a ship hanger and the indoor arena for Smokey is in an old balloon hanger. I now live work and ride in one of the most beautiful places in the world with spectacular views, astounding wildlife, and gorgeous weather. I have friends and family close by. Today I will be celebrating with my family. Lucky me! 2010 can only be a great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment