Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January Trails - Lucky Me

January Trail • 6" x 9"• oil on paper

This morning was cold but my friends and I took the dogs and went on a steep January hike. It was clear and crisp. We shared stories of our holidays and hiked up and down the hills through the bushes and the mud but the sun never showed up. Luckily we had friendship and laughter to warm us.

Next I went out to the barn and took a trail ride. The sun was out, groups of students were hiking, exploring and studying. I remember when I went on the week trip to this camp with my daughters class years ago. We did the same hikes; today I was living a dream and riding the trails on horseback. The sun was popping through and I had a beautiful view of the ocean and hills. There was a hawk above that seemed to be almost flying with me; as he circled Smokey and I galloped up a hill on our way back to the barn. As we came down the hill 3 vultures were circling, searching for prey. I went on my way. What a beautiful January day!

No comments:

Post a Comment